Search This Blog

Saturday, December 9, 2017

We will leave here.




You and I can call it home.
Margaret Ruth Smith Hucker
August 13, 1935 - December 8, 2017

We will leave here,
    as my mother did yesterday.

It can sometimes seem like
  there isn't  a trace left,

But, that would be a mistake to think so.

While the traces can sometimes seem like breadcrumbs left along a path,
  not easily found or followed,
it is still there, and always will be there.

In the little moments, the small gestures,
  the eyes of my daughter, that mirror my mother's, looking towards me with love.

Sentences spoken, allow me to hear my mother's voice in my head,
  not realizing I have taken her expressions into my lexicon so deeply.

So deeply,
  she is embedded in my soul,
  it is in the soul we will meet again, and again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below. I want to know what you think!