Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2018

Parade love into every room...


Himself with grandson #1

I awoke this morning,
bereft.

I had dreamed such beauty.
You were at the heart of it.

Then.
I opened my eyes.
You were not there.

You had made your
silent escape,
while I slept.

When we were young,
I felt your leaving,
glad for you to go.

Now we are older.
Leaving
has darker implications,
I dread to think of.



So now;

I parade your love
in parking lots,
while switching car seats,
(of grandchildren at nursery schools)
in stores of concrete floors
(which make my knees hurt)
in rooms of every sort.
(while our children look on with puzzlement)

Knowing now,
time has always been fleeting,
just not your love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below. I want to know what you think!