Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What Children Have Taught Me

Clementine, waiting for a treat.
This has no bearing on this post, in any way shape or form.

Here is a list of the things my children have taught me:


1. They have x-ray eyes and can see right through me.
 (hard to get away with much around here...)

2. They have an uncanny ability to know when I am sneaking a cookie before dinner.
 (drat)

3. There is always one of the four that remembers my birthday and rallies the other three.
 (four if you count my husband, as one of the children)

4. Just because they look like us (their parents), they won't necessarily think like us.
 (sometimes this is a good thing other times, not so much)

5. How they performed as children, has little or                                                                                            nothing to do with how they will perform as adults.
 (this may or may not be a surprise to me,                                                                                                       depends on the day)

This is the list of what I hope I have taught my children:

Peaches, that I harvest this summer.
Could someone please explain to me
 why my husband calls me "a peach" as an endearment,
but he hates peaches? Great mystery.
1. Always be kind.
  (it cost no money, only, sometimes, one's  pride)

2. Floss, EVERYDAY, always.
   (protects your heart, your gums and your teeth)

3. Remember to say your prayers.
   ("Say your prayers O'Toole!"*)

4. Read, then read some more.
   (expands your world, and increases your            vocabulary)

5. Know that I love them, no matter what.
   (even when it doesn't seem like it, 
I do)



* Thank you, Jacob Two-Two and the Hooded Fang, for that quote.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below. I want to know what you think!