|ARGH! Always so much to learn!|
I have to admit, I have not always been an eager student. I just want the "thing" to work and why doesn't it?
We have been married almost thirty-five years and for many of those years (really all of those years) he has been trying to teach me new things about technology. As this is his profession, and he is the "difficult person whisperer" at his job, one might think it is easy for those of us at home to learn from him.
|Balm of Gilead in the literal sense.|
Upon reflection, I realize that he has been teaching me so much more than how to use my computer these years together. He has been leading by example for decades.
He does this silently and without a fuss everyday:
1. Cheerfully get up every morning
2. Patiently add tasks (I have given him) to his list of things to be accomplished before leaving home
a. taking out trash
b. settling arguments with children
c. giving me pep talks on said children
3. Treats staff fairly and pleasantly while helping them
4. Listen to "users" concerns about new software
a. sooth "users"
b. assure staff and "users" alike that they can ---whatever
5. Takes my SOS phone calls throughout day
6. Comes home and while closing the door on the garage, opens his heart to his home, leaving work behind
I would not want to give the impression that he is perfect, as that might attract other "buyers", so to speak, and although we have not been without challenges in our married life, he most certainly is: perfect for me.