Search This Blog

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Poetry Contest

I have a flower pot of these
by my front door.
Which has nothing to do with
 this post, what so ever.

In a previous post, I wrote about writing for contest and all of the related results.

Well, I had submitted a poem for a contest in March. Have not heard back. Drat!

It was suppose to be a poem having something to do with romantic love. I am glad they stipulated.

Anyway, I thought I would share the poem I submitted with the readers of this blog. As I am pretty sure, because I have heard nothing to the contrary, I was not selected.


Here you go:


In The Future

I am not in love.
Or at least--
Not right now.

Tomorrow,
May bring me--
The you
I am going to fall
In love
With.

I can hardly wait:
Skipping heart beats
Warm flushes
Soaring happiness,


That lead to:
Comfortable moments,
Steadying arms,
And arguments that
Can be solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below. I want to know what you think!